Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jamini Roy..

Collecting original art from greats and amateurs alike has been a dream for me ....though an expensive dream :).. I still nurture it ....I was recently browsing through blogs and one of them ( an Indian summer) had a very interesting post about the same, it  talked about an online sale of original Indian art by some very renowned artists. Though the website India Art Collective is selling originalsby many artists, I just couldn't take my eyes off from  one of my favorites of all time, "Shri Jamini Roy". You can read more about him here.

These paintings remind me of my growing up days when I was introduced to the works of some of the  greatest artists , painters , poets and musicians , slowly but steadily by my Dearest GP ( Grand Pa) ...Here's a Dekko (take a look)  for you ...also readers I would definitely be all ears if you tell me ..who is your favorite artist and which of their work you admire most ....wouldn't that be an interesting discussion...

Art Image

The one above is a sure favorite of mine , it's straight out of Ramayan, and in most probabilities would be my next subject when I will have the time to hold brush ...

Art Image


The Cutest Mommy and Baby ...
Art Image

And an Indian Bahurani ( Daughter -in -Law) ...
Art Image

as the week progresses..will bother you and entertain you with more  lovelies .....For now hope you have a great day!!

2 comments:

Anisha said...

These are some beautiful pieces of art work. Though I love art work and enjoy exhibitions haven't really followed one artist as such.

Nisha said...

love all the arts...they are adorable